The Kolkata Knight Riders may have lost four matches on the trot in the IPL, but ‘Rawalpindi Express’ Shoaib Akhtar is hopeful about turning the fortunes of the side with his match-winning abilities.
“We will try to win matches. I will try to help my side win some games,” the speedster told newspersons on arrival at the N S C Bose International airport in Kolkata on Monday night.
Akhtar said despite being under ‘tremendous stress’ back home, he had watched the games featuring the Knight Riders.
“I didn’t watch the matches of the other sides, but I made it a point to watch my team’s performances,” Akhtar said amid chaotic scenes.
Expressing his faith in Knight Riders skipper Sourav Ganguly, Akhtar said, “he is a good captain, a match-winning captain. He knows how to utilise match-winners.”
Despite the side’s dismal showing of late, Akhtar said Ganguly was doing a good job.
Describing Eden Gardens as his favourite ground where he played his maiden Test in 1999, the controversial fast bowler said he was looking forward to a fruitful stint in the IPL.
Earlier in Delhi, Akhtar thanked Bollywood star and Kolkata Knight Riders owner Shah Rukh Khan for the support after the Pakistan Cricket Board had slapped a five-year ban on him.
“I am happy to be in India,” said Akhtar, who landed at around 1600 hrs at the Indira Gandhi International Airport from Lahore and was mobbed by reporters and shutterbugs to cause a melee of sorts.
No comments:
Post a Comment